Moderator at Large
Rev. Dr. Roy L. Manning, Sr. is a native of Lamont, Mississippi and husband of Beatrice Manning for (45 yrs). He is the father of three children: Venisha Combs (deceased), Shauntel and Roy Manning, II, and grandfather to LaDale Jr., Jarnae and Jai'la Combs. He is the Pastor of Corinthian MBC of Saginaw, MI for the past 22 years, sings with the Male Chorus and continues to serve as an Adult Sunday School and Bible Study teacher. He is the editor of the CMBC Informer quarterly Newsletter of the Church (7 yrs). He has not missed placing an article in each issue.
Pastor Manning is a retired educator (34 yrs.) of the Saginaw Public Schools. He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree from Lane College in Jackson, Tennessee; Master of Arts Degree from Central Michigan University. He has earned over 45 graduate hours beyond the M.A. During his career with the Saginaw Public Schools, he served in numerous capacities: teacher, coach, attendance counselor and Vice-Principal of Central Middle School.
Reverend Manning has received many awards and recognition for his outstanding service, dedication and commitment to his Church and Community.
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Tennessee School of Religion, May 8, 2015
- The J.A. Cooke award, the most prestigious athletic award at Lane College.
- Named NAIA All-American1968 in Basketball (Drafted by the Dallas Chaparrals ABA and San Diego Rockets NBA).
- The Governor's Award in 1979, Michigan.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award 2007, Michigan.
- Following 34 years of service in the Saginaw Public Schools, the Gymnasium of Central Middle School was named in Pastor Manning's honor.
Pastor Manning's involvement is not limited to the Church he pastors:
- He is Vice-President of Wolverine State Baptist Convention.
- Former instructor for Wolverine State Pastors and Wives' Retreat.
- Past Vice-President of the Wolverine State Baptist Congress of Christian Education.
- Past President of Saginaw Valley District Congress of Christian Education and Local Ministers.
- Member of Concerned Baptist Pastors of Saginaw, Michigan.
- Member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Former Assistant Pastor, Greater Freewill MBC.
- Certified instructor National Baptist Congress, National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
- Silver Life Member of the NAACP.
- Officer & Life Member of Lane College National Alumni Association.
Reverend Manning's favorite passage of Scripture is Philippians 4:13-14.
God has guided him through all levels from Junior Deacon during childhood, Deacon, Associate Minister, Assistant Pastor and Pastor. He was nurtured in ministry by a wonderful kind-hearted and devoted servant of God, the late Rev. Dr. James L. Dorsey. He has always held himself close to the elders who he believes had much wisdom and spiritual advisement to share with younger ministers. He has gained much from mantle catching in his spiritual journey.